Monday, November 4, 2013

After Conviction

So the amazing thing about confessing our sins and asking for forgiveness is GRACE (Lillian's middle name btw :) ) I could easily get hung up on the things I have done wrong or still do, but God knows my heart and He forgives me graciously. If you didn't get to listen to David Crowder's song I posted last week, you MUST look up How He Loves Us and saturate yourself in those lyrics. "If grace were an ocean we'd all be sinking!" I also love "I don't have the time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us." Gets me every time :)

So we've talked about rewards recently in BSF. Who doesn't love a reward? A pat on the back? Recognition? Well I must say that my greatest reward (other than truly accepting Christ and God's forgiveness) is my husband. I was so broken when I started going to church with Rodney's sister. I hadn't met him or even knew she had a younger brother when I was babysitting her boys. When I met Rodney it was literally love at first sight. I didn't know that was actually real until I saw him. 

I shared in another post my experience of God's guidance and speaking to me. I asked God if Rodney was the one and He answered me instantly with the warmest, most reassuring butterflies in my stomach. It was amazing and a moment I will never forget. Little did I know how wonderful this reward would be. Rodney very quickly became my best friend. Getting to know me extremely well in a short amount of time, accepting my faults, forgiving me for mistakes, appreciating my hyper-ness, and most importantly seeing through to my heart, who I REALLY was and loving me unconditionally. At one point in my life this type of love was all I was seeking. Once I had my focus in the right place, on God, He rewarded me with the most amazing man I have ever met (not to mention a precious daughter soon after!!) :) I love you Rod.

Although I realize not all prayers are answered in such a timely manor AND not all prayers are answered, God is so good. Someone once told me, "Rejection is God's protection." It's so true. Garth Brooks even sang "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers." After all, He knows what's best for us and He will bless us according to His will. Sometimes we are not rewarded-or seems like it takes years for anything to let up.... Remember, Great is your reward in heaven!

Matthew 6:33 But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Looking forward to more of His guidance in my life and maybe even more rewards ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment